Sign in if you already have an account.
  
donate.gif

National Spotlight

Financial Resources —Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more

Voices of Impact™ — Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all.

Fundraising FAQs

Q: What is the cost to Register for the Race?
The cost can vary by participation type and date.  Team members are $30, Individual Participants and Sleep In are $35.  Kids 5-11 years are $10 each and VIP's are $100.  Early bird discounts are available for Team and Individual registration from April 1st to April 31st.  Register early to save. Please note: You must register to receive a Race t-shirt. Your Registration fee helps to cover the cost of operations; it is your fundraising which enables Komen to provide support to our local service area. Remember We live here. We race here. We give back here. We save lives here!  Captains must register their team name and themselves before additional registrants can be added.  Each person should register themselves so they can read and acknowledge the event Waiver.  Parents can register children age 18 and under Mail in forms are available for download.

Q. How far is the Race and what are my category options?
The 5K run/walk, is open to everyone. Participants are encouraged to register by coral; the time you think it will take you to complete the event.  By selecting the coral suitable for you, everyone will have a more enjoyable experience. There are four corals; coral 1 is for the dedicated runner while coral 4 is for the family with small children or who would like to use a stroller. Team members do not have to register in the same coral. Children age 3-10 are encouraged to participate in the Kids for the Cure activities, located in the sponsor area.  All registrants receive a t-shirt, access to national and local sponsors, and attendance at the events on Race Day.   Sleep In participants are supporters of The Race for the Cure and maybe part of a team or an individual but cannot be at the Race, these participants still need to register and will receive a special Race for the Cure pillowcase via US Mail.   VIP registrants receive a reserved parking place very close to the Race start, a sign posted along the Race route with their name showing additional support, and a t-shirt (guaranteed if registered by September 30, 2013 by 4:00pm).

Q: Does the Komen Race for the Cure® require fundraising?
You are not required to fundraise, but we do encourage all participants to fundraise above the entry fee. Just Imagine the IMPACT - If every Race participant raises $125, the average cost of a mammogram, in addition to their registration fee, we would bring in an additional $1,000,000.00 to support local screening, treatment and educational programs in our community!

Q: Does the money raised stay right here in our community?
Yes! Up to 75% of the net income from the Race, and other fundraising events, stays right here in our community to fund vital breast cancer health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs.  The remaining 25% is used to fund breast cancer research and development.  No money raised locally is used to support our national headquarters. 

Q: Where do I send donations?

Make a Race donation
    Or mail to:
    Komen Tidewater Race for the Cure
    420 North Center Drive
    Norfolk, VA 23502


For donations on behalf of an individual participant or a team, please include that information with your check.

Q: Is there a deadline for fundraising?    
All donations on your behalf that are received by 11/15/13 will be credited to your fundraising goal and used to announce fundraising awards, both team and individuals. Donations will continue to be accepted after that date and applied to your Race 2013 fundraising total.

Q. What are some ways I can fundraise for my team/my individual goal?
Check out our 101 Ways to Fundraise!

Q: Is my registration fee tax-deductible?
No, your registration fee helps defray the costs of producing the Race and is not considered tax deductable. However, any amount that you choose to donate above the entry fee is tax-deductible.

Q: How do I form a team?
To be considered an official team, you will need 10 or more registered members by September 30, 2013 at 4:00pm. You can form a team or join a team online.  Kid registrants do not count toward the minimum ten members; however, Sleep In participants do count. For more information, check out our Helpful How-to Documents or contact Race Teams Coordinator, at 757-490-7794.