THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES ON RACE DAY! Susan G. Komen's 2013 Race for the Cure is still on schedule! We are watching the weather, staying in contact with city officials and we look forward to seeing you there. Please stay tuned to our facebook page and our media sponsors for any updates!
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series, the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world, raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.
Packet Pick Up and Pre-Race Expo: Sandler Center for the Preforming Arts, 201 Market St. Virginia Beach, Town Center, Virginia Beach
9:00am-8:00pm - October 10th and 11th- Packet Pick-up and Sponsor Expo. There will be a Team Pick-up Section at Expo this year. If you have not registered for race, you will be able to do so here as well.
Race Day Events - October 12, 2013
31st Street Park
Virginia Beach, VA
All Breast Cancer Survivors
VIP participants $100.00 (VIP registration closes 10/7/13 at 10am)
Team Members (registration closed 10/3/13)
Individual participants $35.00 (day of $40.00)
Children $10.00 (day of $15.00)
Sleep-in participants $35.00 (registrations received after 10/4/13, pillowcases will be mailed post-race)
Up to 75 percent of the funds raised at the Race remain here in Tidewater to provide breast health research, diagnostics, screening, treatment, services and education for uninsured or underinsured women. The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the cause of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.
If you know someone who is not able to access a computer or who would prefer to register by mail click here.
Get Involved. Keep the Promise.
Who are You Running For? Participate in the Komen Tidewater Race for the Cure® and show everyone whose life you are running for. Are you running for your mother, your sister, a co-worker, a friend? Are you running for your own life? Or are you running for the future? No matter whose life you are running for, now is the time to get involved and run for their life!